Thursday, July 3, 2008

About My Work-Out-of-Home (WOH) Job!

Okay, so you caught me. It's not coffee time here. I had my cup on the road today in between running errands this morning. I also wanted to confess that I'm not just lazing around all summer on the Interweb. I do have a very part time job that I adore! I work in a local, mama-owned baby boutique aptly named Garden Baby Boutique. The owner sews (of which I am eternally jealous) the most beautiful and unique pieces. She also takes custom orders and just has an uncanny knack for choosing the perfect coordinating fabrics and colors. Many customers come in with only a vague description of what they are looking for and they trust in her to flesh out the gritty details and provide a quality product that they will love. She completes her custom orders so quickly that long-time customers know that calling two days before an event requiring a one-of-a-kind look is no problem for her. She is beyond accommodating and wonderful to work with and for. Somehow, she never fails to please.

She keeps her store stocked with local artisans and her own line of children's clothing, personalized baby blankets, bibs, burp cloths and diaper bags that are gorgeous enough to double as regular bags as well. Combine these baby must-haves with Melissa and Doug wooden toys, puzzles, and art supplies and she has a winning shop that appeals to a variety of people. Especially the littlest ones!

No comments: