Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Well-Fed Writer

This is a great read for anyone considering freelance copy writing as a career. Copy writing includes online articles, business brochures, ads, headlines and so on.

Peter Bowman's easy style will help you get your idea off the ground...even if you think you have no clue what you're doing. Right now, I have this checked out of the library, but I will be buying a copy second hand when I have to return it.

Oh, and he endorses what I've thought all along, you don't need to be the best writer. Just be persistent and put yourself out there. There could be writers better than you but they may not be getting their names out to the big clients. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. The early bird gets the worm. Just trying to see how many euphemisms I can squeeze into this post. That would seem to be all.

Good Morning!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

ooooooh, I have heard this book is really good! I am going to have to order it from Amazon this morning!...I love the name of you blog by the way! Im so in need of a cup of coffee right now, but am resisting because its saturday!